" My Review of My Dear Stranger By Sarah Ann Walker | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

My Review of My Dear Stranger By Sarah Ann Walker

                                                       



"Last night my dear stranger came to me..."

Sadie Adams spent years hiding a secret in her journal. A beautiful secret wrapped in a dear stranger who came to her in the night. A stranger who came to her filled with love, passion, and devotion. And her only release from her secret days and her lonely nights came from her journal; a journal that kept her company as life slowly passed her by while she anxiously waited for his return.

"How do you live, when you've spend your life waiting alone?"

Waiting, the darkness and pain grew until within the grip of loneliness and death, she finally found a light to hold onto.
Brighter and kinder than anyone she had ever known, Sadie finally chose to live in a world of light...
Even as a Darkness was born



MY 5 STAR REVIEW

“I am here now, half alive, but alive. I am no longer waiting for the world outside to let me live, slow and sure, as I finally learn how to breathe alone.” 

Sarah blew my mind with I am Her and This is Me…….. but with My Dear Stranger she had me considering my own sanity. 
Sadie, has the perfect life, best husband, and cutest little boy who loves his mom…. But Sadie is not ok. 

When her husband takes her son away for a weekend with his family, Sadie breaks out her Journal. It is time she says… Time to get through the past and move forward with her life. She needs the Closure. 

I will admit, this one threw me for a loop. I believe I was actually depressed right along with Sadie while reading her story. Sometimes I felt like I was losing my own mind while reading. There were numerous times I had to stop and go back and re-read a section to make sure I had actually read it right. 

“Why does He come to me? What does He want from me?”

My Dear Stranger first comes to Sadie when she is 16 years old. At first I thought she was losing her mind. I honestly thought that she had made up my Dear Stranger. For years My Dear Stranger was visiting Claire at night and would leave before the morning. One more than one occasion while reading I thought she was simply dreaming. Then I was thinking well maybe she suffers from split personalities. 
Sadie is one woman who will leave you wondering if you are in a dream or if this is really her reality. 

“How do you live, when you’ve spent your life waiting alone?”
Sadie goes through many years waiting nightly for her Dear Stranger to come. Sometimes she is left waiting months… and even for a few years…. But Sadie always waits. Not able to move on. Living her life alone waiting for My Dear Stranger. 

Sadie runs into an old friend from School Alex, and Alex works hard to get himself into her life. Sadie learns to care for Alex and maybe even love him a little but her heart will always be with her Dear Stranger. Alex will do all he possibly can to get her to love him completely. 
As I read more of this story I began to think that I had it all figured out, and then Sarah threw me for a loop and I was like OMG …. How did I not see that coming…. 

This is definitely a story that will intrigue you. It will leave you wondering what in the hell is going on. You might even question your own sanity while ready this story,.. I know I did. Bravo to Sarah for bringing us another truly amazing story. 













Other books By Sarah 




A sometimes funny, tragically graphic, compelling tale of a woman suffering...

***WARNING- GRAPHIC CONTENT and THEMES ***

She has no name of her own. She is every name everyone has ever called her. She is nameless. She has a good job, a beautiful home and a wonderful husband. She is everything she was supposed to be. She has structure and stability, but she is lost.

She is trying. Her whole life is spent trying; yet her whole life has been nothing but an apology. She is so tired of trying and failing.

In just one week, she learns her entire life is a series of brutalities. She learns intense, consuming passion for the first time with a beautiful stranger. She learns love within this passion, and she learns heartbreak while without.

Slowly her breakdown overcomes her. She tries to rise above her circumstances, but when she has nothing left to fight with; she tries to ease the pain forever.

Desperately, she fights her way through the agony of life, and she returns with a gentle hope. She wants to live, and she wants to love, for the first time in her life. Now, she has a name. Now, she can be 'her'... Any HER that she wants to be




Buy I am HER 







** WARNING- GRAPHIC CONTENT and THEMES **

The tragic conclusion to 'I am HER...'

Finally... 
She has a name. She has a past and she has a history. 
She knows who she is. And she knows who she wanted to be. 
She knows the way to all she ever wanted, but she knows she can't change the past that destroyed her. 

"I swear I'm here, but I'm not. I swear I can feel, but I don't. 
I swear I hear people, but I'm all alone. 
Where am I? What have I done?" 

If everything you knew was nothing you know, how do you begin to live again? 
When beautiful dreams surround you but darkness consumes you, how do you begin to live anew? 

"After I exhale, I turn to my empty room once again.
In the silence that follows my tears, I am washed in clarity.
I am NOT her. THIS is me..."




BUY THIS IS ME




About Sarah 

Sarah Ann Walker was raised in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, where she attended McMaster University, as an English major. After beginning her career in 2002- a career as an office administrator, polar-opposite to her studies, Sarah met and married her American husband, and they chose to remain in Canada together. Sarah continued her career, giving birth to their only child in 2005, spending 9 years with the same company, until leaving in 2011.
In the summer of 2012, during a manic 2-week period, Sarah was transformed into the main character of 'I am HER...'. The novel was horrific, engrossing, graphic, painful and beautiful at once, and Sarah found herself consumed with the struggle, madness and passion of the main character's amazing story.
'I am HER...' has received positive reviews both locally and online from her readers. Sarah can be found on Facebook, Twitter, and goodreads.com where her readers can leave reviews and feedback. Sarah looks forward to hearing from her readers


you can follow Sarah Here:

Twitter   
Facebook    Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment