" Book Review - Steel and Lace: The Complete Series (Lace, #1-4) by Adriane Leigh | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - Steel and Lace: The Complete Series (Lace, #1-4) by Adriane Leigh

                                                           My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this from Adriane in return for an honest review .

I have seen a lot of people compare this to 50 Shades of Grey . I do not think this resembles it at all . This story is different . There is no BDSM in this book . Yes there is a billionaire , semi controlling , alpha Male in it , BUT it has no comparison to 50 Shades .

Carter is a possessive, crazy, demanding, infuriating, overwhelming character, rich and successful, controlling and dominant, did I say controlling , but that is what we love about our Book Men . He knows what he wants and gets what he wants no matter the cost. When Carter meets Eva for the first time he knows She is what he WANTS and he will stop at nothing to get her .

"It's us. You and me, always."

Eva was a great character in this story , she was feisty, semi level-headed , I agree that the relationship between Eva and Carter moved way to fast pasted but She had some reserve and tried to slow things down a bit . Which in turn ended up in heated arguments, and fighting , but great make up sex lol .

I think the “I love you’s where thrown out there way to quick, I would of like to have seen the relationship with these two build a little more before love you’s and marriage within a month of being together , But without the I love you’s this story was a great story full of lots of sex, dominant , control and a building of a relationship.

I feel this book was a little rushed , BUT I also know it was put together from 4 short novella’s into one book . It is a great story full of sex, sex, heart break, anger, fighting, making up, and everything in between .

I LOVED Cate, The whole Scene with her and pregnancy tests had me cracking up laughing ….


Book Blurb:
From the moment their eyes locked across a crowded room, he recognized something in her that he needed. Something that was impossible to resist...
Enigmatic and sexy, Carter Morgan is a wealthy CEO and playboy who keeps a model on his arm and the walls around his heart high. His dangerous good looks and seductive charm gets him whatever he wants— whenever he wants it. That is until he meets Eva.
When smart and spirited fashion editor Evangeline Austin encounters Carter Morgan, sparks fly and worlds collide. Her every instinct tells her to run, yet she can't deny the overwhelming effect he has on her. They embark on a passionate affair that threatens to consume them.
They try to defy the odds by making their own rules and surrendering completely to the exquisite power of their passion but when unforeseen forces threaten to tear them apart, Carter and Eva must decide if the moments of exquisite perfection are worth the intense pain.

 You can Buy it here  http://amzn.com/B00C1P1FHE
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment