" Book Review--- When We Collide by A.L. Jackson | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review--- When We Collide by A.L. Jackson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was so into this book in the beginning , then somewhere in the middle I started to get bored with it .. but I stuck with it and BOY am I glad I did WHAT AN AMAZINGLY AWESOME READ !!!!

“I don’t know how to stop loving you.”

William has spent six years running from his past and the last eight months trying to rid his mind of the dreams that increasingly haunt his nights. Trapped in a world of false ambitions and feigned affections, William knows he’s reached a breaking point and something’s going to give.

Maggie had lived her entire life without hope until one man showed her what it meant to be loved. He’d been her light in a lifetime of darkness. Six years ago, that darkness stole him away. Without him, she’s surrendered herself to an existence she doesn’t know how to escape.

When the family William left behind is struck by tragedy, he is called back to the one place he’s sworn to never return to again.

In a moment that will change his life forever, William comes face to face with the girl who, with one look, captured his heart. He is unable to ignore the buried desires and the hope for the future they’d once believed they’d have.

Now William is ready to fight to take back what had been stolen from him six years before.
But he never imagined what that fight might cost him.


“I loved her. Oh God… I loved her. She was everything, ripped me apart and made me whole.”

I really loved this story. It's definitely an Emotional one, but it's one that I'm glad to have read as there is Love, the kind that seeps through the pages and just grabs at you, the kind that just makes you feel good, so this is one Worth Reading!

Now,the characters were so well written. Maggie , She's shy, kind, but is in a relationship that's just so abusive at times, it was just shocking at what this guy had done to her, and in ways I found her story just really believable as she's basically with someone that is just like her Father and I think I really saw Maggie grow to be a stronger character, you'll read what move she finally makes.

From the beginning I knew things were going to be rough for William. The turmoil that raged within him was too much to be held inside, and at some point he was bound to snap. But the way he reacted to his circumstances was real and believable. I immediately wanted to know more about his past and how he came to be the person he was. Will was a very layered character, and I gravitated towards him without hesitation. Maybe it was his flaws. Or maybe it was the fact that he knew he needed to change some things about himself that made his character all the more appealing. Either way, I loved his point of view and his development throughout the story.

“Because it shouldn't hurt to be touched.”

Troy is a demeaning and abusive man, who takes what he wants when he wants it not caring who he hurts in his path of destruction. He truly was the bad seed in this book .. It would of been nice to have a little of his past to see what led him to be the way that he was ...


Great Read for sure My Favorite one of A.L. Jackson's for sure






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment