" Book Review - Take This Regret by A.L. Jackson | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - Take This Regret by A.L. Jackson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“Never would I take what I’d been given for granted. I’d never look at her through indifferent eyes, listen to her fears and worries with distant ears, or touch her with impassive hands. Elizabeth was a gift and Lizzie was my treasure. I would adore my family until the day I died.”

What an emotionally Beautiful story . the author did an amazing job writing this story .


There are some mistakes we make that we will regret for the rest of our lives. For Christian Davison, it was the day he betrayed Elizabeth Ayers. For five years, Christian has regretted the day he walked away from his family and will do anything to win them back. Can Elizabeth forgive someone who has committed the unforgiveable? Or are there some wounds that go so deep they can never heal?


I did not want to like Christian. What he did, was a horrible betrayal. It was cruel and selfish, and almost cost Elizabeth the life of their unborn child. Most people might say his actions are unforgiveable. But I was never angry at Christian. I never condoned or excused what he did, but I understood it was done in a most of selfish, childish anger, and I saw how much he regretted it. The instant the words left his mouth, he regretted it. Leaving Elizabeth and his child defines him as the worst sort of man, but he is someone else entirely. He lives with regret and guilt about what he did to them, a man tormented by the moment that he threw away the best gift of his life, the woman that he still loves, Elizabeth. The regret he has for what he has done has cost him many sleepless nights . When he finally see's his child for the first time , he vows to do all that he can to make up for all he did to her and her mother .

Elzabeth Went through so many struggles to raise the daughter that she had , without any regret for her decision to keep her . She loved Christian even though he betrayed her and she held her walls up till the bitter end , when she realized that he knew the mistake he had made and he was never going to leave them again ...


Great story , heartbreaking, emotional . definitely have tissues if your going to read it because you will need them trust me




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment