" Book Review - Play It Safe by Kristen Ashley | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - Play It Safe by Kristen Ashley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

AMAZING HAD ME SWOOOOONINGGGGG WITH CODY'S FIRST WORD OUTTA HIS MOUTH

This book pulled me right in from the start but What KA book has not done that in the past . This woman knows how to write a DAMN GOOD story ... I stayed up past midnight reading this then finally gave into sleep and started again at 6am and did not stop till now when I was done ... I LOVE KA ....


No connections. Play it safe. These were the rules Ivey lived her life by.

Until she hit Mustang, Colorado, a perfectly imperfect town where the citizens were welcoming and one of them included the tall, beautiful, macho man rancher cowboy, Grayson Cody.

On the run for a decade, Ivey knew she was supposed to play it safe. But she was tired of being on the run. She wanted a normal. She wanted real. She wanted a home.

And she wanted Grayson Cody.

And Grayson Cody wanted Ivey.

No one who looked at them couldn’t see they belonged together. There was one man in this world for Ivey and one woman in this world for Grayson Cody.

So they fell in love.

But just as quickly as they fell together, they were betrayed and torn apart. Separated for years, Ivey was certain her life would not include her rancher cowboy. Until the town of Mustang reached out to her when Gray was in trouble. Even though she thought he broke her heart, she charged in to help. Then Gray and Ivey discovered they were betrayed and, not only that, Gray had an enemy who would stop at nothing to defeat him



I so loved Ivey too. I loved her sweet nature and approach to life even though life never gave her anything good to look forward to. She came out on top of all she had been through . She beat life with her determination-to-create-a-new-life-for-herself swagger.

I loved you then. I love you now. I’ve loved you every day for seven years.”

“You have the best wild west rancher cowboy name in history”


Grayson Cody was absolutely to die for and ticks all the boxes as far as I'm concerned, he's got that laid back cowboy thing going on but has an underlying protective streak and will do anything to protect his woman. he was swooning me from his first line in the book and held me there alllll the way to the end ... Man NOW I WANT ME SOME COWBOY !!!!

“You still fallin’ in love with me?... ‘Cause you should know, baby, I’m already gone for you”


In short-it's really Heartwarming and sexy. You'll definitely like the characters. It will pull you in and keep you there till the end and have you smiling, laughing,swooning, tearing up and holding your breathe .but in the end you will LOVE it all .

My View of Grayson And Ivey







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment