" Book Review- Axel By Harper Sloan | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review- Axel By Harper Sloan


                                                                             My rating
                                                                     


 Harper Sloan has Kicked it out of this world with her Debut Novel of Axel. I knew with her love for alpha Men this would be good, BUT I did not expect it to be AWESOME !!!!!

We all know alot of us love Kristen Ashley and her Alpha Men,We know She is THE author of Alpha Men, well let me tell you all something, Like I told Harper I truly believe Kristen Might have a little competition going on now. Harper has Brought us Alpha Men , HOT Military, Alpha Men but in a totally different way then Kristen has.

I was hooked right from the Prologue of this book I literally started it, went to bed after 12am and was wide awake at 5am Because I needed to find out what was going on with Axel and Izzy. Harper truly knows how to write a story and keep you so engrossed in it that you simply do not want to put it down, BUT you also do not want it to end.




Izzy, had an awesome upbringing, great parents, then one day Fate became her enemy. Fate has never been kind to her, she has been dealt with a major tragedy, the loss of her Boyfriend to The Military who promised he would come back for her but never did, Or did he?

“Fate might hate me, but that doesn't stop me from hoping one day she forgets about her favorite chew toy. When that day comes I hope karma has some fun with that bitch fate”

Izzy Lost alot all in the matters of weeks. Left heartbroken, with her parents gone, Izzy moves through her life in the motions as a shell of herself. When she meets Brandon and they get married she thinks she might have another chance. She soon finds out her husband is not all he is cut out to be and she lives 6 yrs of marriage with a cruel abuse man. After one horrible incident Izzy gets herself out and away from him.

With the help of her Best friend Dee and her New best Friend Greg ( I LOVE Greg) Izzy starts to put her life back together one step at a time. She is trying to overcome demons, tragedy, and an abusive husband. Her husband is not letting her go easily and once an incident happens Greg decides to step things up and enlist the help of his Military Brother's.


Holt( Axel) Reid. Did not have a great family life, living in foster care because his parents thought their next High was better then their child. Axel Decides at the age of 18 to enlist in the military to have a better life and to make sure that he and Izzy will have a happy life. When he left he promised her he would be back, he knew their love could survive their time apart. When Axel arrives home he finds Izzy gone. He does all he can to try to find her but in the end he can not find her. When he dies finally find info on her He feels the betrayal right to his heart.

The girl ripped my heart to fucking shreds and I never knew why. It would have been quicker if she had stuck around and shot me in the fucking chest. At least I would have died instantly, instead of bleeding out slowly for the last twelve years.

When one of his longtime Military brothers approaches him about helping a friend, Axel says he will help, but he has no idea he is about to come face to face with the woman he felt betrayed him yrs ago.


Once they are reunited all the hurt, pain, and tragedy of yrs ago come back in full force. Izzy has things she needs to tell Axel. Axel has things he needs to say and he needs to listen to Izzy.

Can these two people get through the heartache they felt yrs ago? Can they deal with the past and put it behind them to move forward and have a life together? Will Izzy be rid of her Abusive Husband once and for all?

Your going to have to read it to find out the answers to these questions and many more.

I have finally come to the realization that I’m not ready to let her go. Not again. And if I’m being totally honest with myself, I haven’t ever gotten over the fact that she was and always will be ‘it’ for me.




Harper has brought us an amazing debut novel, with Love, romance, betrayal, sexy alpha men and hot sexy sex scenes. This is definitely a book you are going to want to add to your TBR list!!!!!

I can not wait for the next one in this series. I need, No I WANT some more of Corps Sexy Alpha Military Men NOW !!!!!!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment