" Book Review - Cursive by Phoebe Lane | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - Cursive by Phoebe Lane

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL !!!! Honestly Add it to your TBR list NOW !!! I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

I was totally Blown away with this book. Pheobe had sent me a message and asked me if I would read and review this for her. I read the blurb and was like oh this does sound good , of course I will read and review it for her.

I was totally not prepared for what I read . Cursive's multiple layers of drama, romance, passion, and humor are tightly bound together by an unforeseeable major twist that will keep the reader engaged and connected until the very end <<<<< she was not lying about that …


“I had already started living my life in color again, but when you walked in, the colors just exploded. You make my life brighter and in high definition.”


Aislynn and Jace these two amazing people were absolutely phenomenal . This relationship that built with them was amazing. The whole relationship was a slow build , which made it even better in my opinion. Two people fighting with issues from their past and not looking to move forward with any kind of relationship , the running into each other at every turn , the banter back and forth it was great. I loved how we read thoughts from both of them throughout the book while they were talking to each other . It was perfectly clear these two were made for each other.



“She’s really nice. Spunky. Intelligent. And beautiful. If only I could take a sniff of her neck. I just want to smell her, and maybe taste her too.”


I loved Jace and the fact that he opened up to her when he knew she was the one he wanted in his life and nothing was going to stop him from telling her his truth’s and tell her about his past and all that he was dealing with. He opened right up to her when the time was right and he never lied to her, he was completely honest with her.

Aislynn , how her whole past developed into the story was absolutely beautiful . I felt so much for the pain she was dealing with the secrets she was hiding , even from her best friend. Her Negative Mother who does play a part in us seeing why Aislynn has grown into the woman she is. I laughed, I cried, I felt for her throughout her telling Jace what she had been through and what lead her to where she was.

“I know. I screwed up. It’s not easy for me to ask for help. It’s not easy for me to admit that I… I need you. I want you with me.”


This book will definitely keep you captivated as you read it, you will feel Aislynn’s Pain and sadness as she finally tells all About her past. You will shed tears with her as she tells Jace what happened. Your heart will ache for her and then your heart will swell with love when Jace reacts to what she tells him.


I loved Evan (Jace’s Best friend) and Ellie ( Aislynn’s Best friend) . I’m kinda hoping we might get a story about them as they develop more in their relationship.

Aislynn’s mom I will tell you now you will dislike her lol , but just know by the end of the book you will love Aislynn for how she finally deals with her mom.

There is an HEA and an amazing epilogue as well .

Phoebe Amazing Job on your debut Novel it is truly phenomenal and I am sure many people are going to enjoy it and being adding it to their favorites list just like I did.


Book Blurb:
The past pulls. The future shoves. The present just begs for a time-out.

Aislynn Currington is searching for an escape from her tumultuous past, one that includes a severely broken heart and a very complicated relationship with a mother who uses criticism as her preferred mode of expressing love.

Jace Quinn is a driven businessman who, even after surviving a serious life-changing event, remains hell bent on avoiding any form of serious attachment.

Some define insanity as doing things repeatedly while expecting a different outcome. What will Aislynn and Jace need to do to break this endless loop?

With the help of their undeniably intense sexual attraction, witty banter, and love for high-end coffee machines, Aislynn and Jace learn to bravely battle through the challenges of falling in love at the most inconvenient time, in a place they did not plan to be, and with the person they can’t seem to stop running into.

Cursive's multiple layers of drama, romance, passion, and humor are tightly bound together by an unforeseeable major twist that will keep the reader engaged and connected until the very end




review requested by author

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment