" Book Review - Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1) by Katy Evans | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1) by Katy Evans

My rating: 5 of 5 stars







My.
God.
Dimples.
Dark scruffy jaw.
Boyish smile. Man’s body.
Killer tan

“I'll never have enough of you, never.”


We start out this book with Brooke who is a recent college graduate and had trained all her life to be an Olympic gold medalist winner until one day her dreams of being in the Olympics and winning the gold where shattered because of a knee injury . Her best friend Melanie drags her to an Underground boxing fight , which she is not thrilled about going to, but goes for her BFF Melanie . Once there is where she Meets Remington “The Riptide” Tate .

“Your name” he growls, panting, his eyes wild on mine. “Uh, Brooke.” “Brooke what?” he snaps out, his nostrils flaring. His animal magnetism is so powerful I think he just took my voice. He’s in my personal space, all over it, absorbing it, absorbing me, taking my oxygen, and I can’t understand the way my heart is beating, the way I stand here, shivering with heat, my entire body focused on the exact spot his hand is wrapped around me… He steps forward, and his damp hand slides into the nape of my neck. My pulse skitters as he lowers his dark head to set a small, dry kiss on my lips. It feels like he is marking me. Like he’s preparing me for something monumental. That could both change and ruin my life. “Brooke,” he growls softly, meaningfully, against my lips, as he draws back with a smile. “I’m Remington.”

The next day she gets a surprise with tickets to Remy’s Fight, She drags Mel and a couple of their other friends to go with her . She decides it is a whatever happens, happens night and she will see how the night plays out. At the fight she is watches Remy fight and she is roped right in by his intoxicating looks, the way he fights, the way her body feels just by watching him. Once the fight is over she is led back to Remy’s Hotel room and is surprised when they offer her a job to be his rehab therapist for the rest of his tour.

Then we start to get full blown sexual tension



In the Beginning with all the sexual tension I was going insane, I wanted them to just DO IT and get it over with, but once they started to actually open up and talk to each other I fell in love with Remy and Brooke. They are an amazing couple.

"When I take you, you'll be mine," he says, a soft promise in my ear. He slides his thumb along my jaw, then gently kisses my earlobe. "You need to be certain." His eyes are so hot that I'm on fire with the lust in them, and the word of "mine" makes the empty place between my legs swell with longing. "I want you to know me first, and then, I want you to let me know if you still want me to take you."


"Why'd you want to have sex with me? To have a fucking adventure? What was I supposed to be? Your one-night-fucking stand? I'm every woman's adventure, damn you, and I don't want to be yours. I want to be your fucking REAL. You get that? If I fuck you, I want you to belong to me. To be mine. I want you to give yourself to me - not Riptide!"


“I don't want to be yours. I want to be your fucking REAL.”




Since I started reading more and more, I am finding that with Books I love when an Author integrates Music into a book. Having a play list of music or a song within a chapter to refer to while reading has become one of my favorite Parts of Books. It let's you open your mind more and you have a better understanding of the character's and also that specific part of the book. This Book was no different and I LOVED how it was MORE REAL with the fact that Remy was showing his emotions with Music and lyrics. This was my favorite part of the book, every time they sat and chose a song for each other, I fell in love with them a little bit more.




Here are the rest of my Favorite quotes in the book.

“Have you ever been anyone’s?”

“No. And you?”

“I’ve never wanted to.”

“Neither have I. Until I saw this lovely girl in Seattle, with big gold eyes, and pink, full lips… and I wondered if she could understand me.”


“You tie me up in knots. I want to play you a thousand different songs so you can get a clue of what... I feel inside me...”


“I love him, Melanie. I love him He's not just a star, he's the whole fucking sky to me. He's the sun and every planet in this galaxy.”

“You can't, Brooke, you can't leave. You're mine”


Book Blurb:

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

“You’ve claimed me, little firecracker. You kicked a pair of two hundred pound men’s asses. I will never get over that. You kicked my whores out. Pete told me. You staked your claim on me, even before you realized I’d staked mine already.” He fists my hair and pulls me close to his lips. “I’m yours now … Even if I screw this up, I’ll still be your screw-up.”


I can not wait for More Of Remy & Brooke in MINE

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment