" Book Review- The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review- The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


“I’ve only ever loved one girl, Tru – and that’s you. It’s always been you. I loved you from the moment I knew how to love.”

I truly think I am becoming a ROCK STAR Boy Junkie . I just can’t seem to get enough of Rock Stars lately and Jake has just been added to my list of Favorite Rock Star Boys …. I LOVED this Book, consuming it in less than 24 hrs .

I will say this right off, I am not a fan of cheating. I had a hard time with what Trudy did to Will . I really think things should have been ended with Will before things even started with Jake . With that said I understand though where Samantha Towle went with the story and why she did it the way she did .

“I’ll never be good enough for you, I know that. But I’m no good without you, and if that makes me a selfish bastard for wanting you as badly as I do then so be it because I can’t live a life that doesn’t have you in it.”

Trudy , I loved her in the beginning , I thought she was a great character , and onces things started with Jake and their relationship started to progress , I was starting to not love her as much , in the end Samantha made me love her all over again . What I learned and know from personal experience is people make HUGE mistakes , and sometimes when a love like that is involved people will get hurt , mistakes do happen and dealing with them and moving forward is sometimes hard .

“I loved you from the moment I knew how to love.”

Jake, he is Flirty, Sexy, Tatted, Talented, Rich . I Loved him for his good, bad, ugly and sexy all in one. He is a Rock Star, Rock Stars go through Shit, and Jack went through some shit.. Jake comes from a not so perfect family, and over the years he has been into drugs, woman, sex, and alcohol. It’s an issue most Rock stars go through and it makes the story so much more believable, BUT he came out from it all. He knew without a doubt who is one love was and the day that Trudy walked back into his life, he vowed to never let her go again.

“You’re not just any girl. You’re my girl.”

“What are you thinking about?” I ask.
“You. Then, and now. How beautiful you
were back then, and how even more beautiful you are now. How I wish I’d seen you through all those years, and how I’m counting myself as one lucky bastard that I got a second chance to have you in my life … and that you’re crazy enough to be mine.”


If you have not read this you need to. I can not wait for Wethering The Storm and Get more of Jake and Tru .


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review Chris. TMS is a fantastic book!!
    I know what you mean about the whole Will thing - Tru let us down there but I do kinda get why..

    Can't wait for WTS to come out in August!!! :D

    ReplyDelete