" Book Review - Freshman Forty by Christine Duval | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - Freshman Forty by Christine Duval

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars I loved the story I read it in one sitting , the 4.5 stars is because the ending left us hanging , with no look into what happens next , and I felt if this was going to be continued then it should of been a little bit longer with a little more story line for some of the characters .


Other then the reason Above I loved the story , I loved Laurel her character was amazing, Kind hearted, her story was amazing. I felt that at a couple points I wanted to strangle her , but then when you see the whole picture you see just how scared she truly was . I was glad that she recognized she made an error in judgment and had options to look into. I am also glad that she chose the right decision in the end.


I am glad that in the end she called her dad, I am happy that her father stepped up to the plate and told her how he had neglected her . I believe it healed their relationship alot .


I wish there had been more to the story after she had the baby , before the ending , but I know from the ending there will be a sequel , ( at least I hope there is) otherwise we are all left hanging as to what the baby's dad thinks and etc.


This Book definitely is an eye opener to high school Kids and also to college Kids . I hope that it brings in that type of reading crowd because there is alot to learn from this book .



Book Blurb:

When eighteen-year-old Laurel Harris discovers she’s pregnant four weeks into the start of her freshman year at prestigious Colman College, she has all intentions of telling her father. But being away at school makes it too easy to hide. And while she can’t explain to her friends, or to herself even, the reasons why she doesn’t want the baby’s father to find out about the pregnancy, the rest of her world begins to unravel.

Freshman year is hard enough. Most girls get through by forming close friendships, finding new boys and a phone call from mom or dad on Sunday. Laurel has to navigate all of it while hiding an unplanned pregnancy from a summer fling...

An imperfect heroine plagued by bad choices and haunted by the memory of her deceased mother and grandparents, readers are sure to identify with Laurel as she navigates teen pregnancy, in secret, in a remote college setting.



I want to thanks Christine for sending me a copy of this book to read and review for her .


Review requested by Author :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment