" Book Review - Forever My Girl (Beaumont, #1) by Heidi McLaughlin | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - Forever My Girl (Beaumont, #1) by Heidi McLaughlin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was about 4% in to this book when I shed my first tear, Josie talking to Mr. Powell and asking if he was still Katelyn’s Father in law. I knew I was in for it with this book .

We start off with a Tragedy , The Death of Liam’s Best friend back in his hometown. Although We never Meet Mason Powell, we meet him through Liam, Josie, Katelyn, and his two Amazing daughters, Elle & Peyton . I LOVED Peyton, she was so funny, she had me laughing everytime she opened her cute mouth to say something. Peyton Made me feel her heartache for her daddy being gone.

“I've missed so much. Like the day you opened your flower shop or how you came up with the name Whimsicality. I missed the day you brought Noah into this world and saw him for the first time. I missed your late-night cravings and his midnight feedings. I'll never forgive myself for not being there, Josie.”

Liam left town 10 years ago without ever explaining anything to anyone. To fulfill his dreams with music. We know that he still loves his forever girl 100% but we don’t know his reasons for packing up and leaving her and everyone else behind. When Liam Learns of Mason’s Death he gets on his motorcycle and heads back to his hometown to face the death of his friend and the Music for leaving all them years before. I loved how he did not just jump into the picture like nothing had happened, he understood that it had been 10 years and he knew that Josie had a new life.

“I only have eyes for one woman, period … When I saw you, I knew I had made a mistake. I should have never left or at least come back for you. My life is better with you in it, Josie. I’m not going to do anything to jeopardize that.”

I loved how Josie was reserved and knew what she had with Nick. I also understand how she felt when Liam walked back into her life and all of her old feelings for him came screaming to the front of her mind, after all he was her first everything and they had promised to love each other forever . Feelings like that can’t be turned off like a switch and Josie knew it . Add to all this She is faced everyday with a son who looks just like his dad .

“I’m standing in front of you, Josie. You just have to turn around.”

This story was a romance of love, heartbreak , loss, an emotional second chance at love . Heidi did an amazing job with this story and had me pulled in right from the start . We saw how two people who once loved each other with everything they had , have the chance to find that love again and build a life with it . Mason was definitely a BIG part of this story even though we never met him . We had him through memories, story telling , and His death is what ultimately brought Liam and Josie back together . Has heart wrenching as that is, it was a truly amazing story .

“When you love someone, you just know.”

Book Blurb:
I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I’m going back.

After ten years.

I hope I can explain that after all this time.

I still want her to be my forever girl.

“Josie Preston, I have loved you since I was sixteen. I know I've screwed up a whole lot, but I promise to make it up to you every day. Would you do me the immense honor of wearing my ring, taking my name and becoming not only my partner in life, but most importantly, my wife?”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment