" Book Review - The Story of Rachel (Tales of Pandora) by K.D. Mclean | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - The Story of Rachel (Tales of Pandora) by K.D. Mclean

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received an email from K.D. Mclean. Let me tell you this woman Cracked me up with her email and I will show you why .

Her email came to me with the subject line of :

Personal Ad: Virgin author seeks Long Term Relationship w/ Experienced and Worldly Reviewer

as I started to read the email which started like this :

Virgin author is seeking out book reviewer for possible long term relationship. An exclusive relationship is not necessary. Willing to start a long distance relationship providing an appreciation of the absurdities of life is present. I’ll tickle your fancy as long as you respect me in the morning, and you won’t even have to call. I’ll be satisfied with an email- I’m that easy.

Not interested in long walks, nor wine by the fireplace; let’s get down to business! I prefer a strictly cyber relationship. I’ll toss shame to the wind and spread my covers for your hungry eyes…

I was Like WTH .... what the hell kinda email is this ??? So I read on and by now I am laughing my ass off and I discover that she is emailing me and asking me to Read her book and give her a review on it .

After I am done Laughing my ass off at the rest of her email , I email her back telling her that I would love to read and review her book , just for the fact of her email and her awesome wit that had me laughing through the whole thing .

So here goes ....

the story

Rachel Collins is praying. And not for world peace. Thirty six years old and single, her prayer is self-centered. "Kill me now, Lord," she pleads during her latest attempt to meet Mr. Right via the internet.

She’s not hoping for a billionaire or even a millionaire, just a guy who can strike a spark to her tinder! Is she asking too much? She's a great gal! Just ask her parents! She might be a bit naive about some things, but capable enough- she's a correspondent for a major magazine, after all. So there!

On assignment she meets Michael, 42 years old, also a writer. The attraction is immediate and intense. Rachel, who sees vanilla as only a baking ingredient, enchants him. Michael can whip up some pretty hot delights himself, outside of the kitchen. He introduces a curious Rachel to powerful experiences of sensuality. Her Ladylike sense of propriety engages in a running battle with her now sparked Tinderbox desires.

Michael is an excellent cook and knows how to turn up the heat. Sampling the flavors offered, Rachel experiences humorous hiccups. On a date, Michael ramps up the risqué, resulting in a memorable skirt swirling salsa dance. Rachel's "What the hell, I ain't getting any younger" attitude spurs Michael to take her to the exclusive, adults only club Pandora's. Here, Rachel witnesses even more variations of earthly delights, and begins a lifelong friendship with another guest.

Michael is a realist, convinced that within 90 days, his affair with Rachel will be but another painful memory of loss. He is neither willing nor able to yell 'Geronimo' and fall for her. He can't, and that's that.

Maybe he should just get a damn dog.

This modern, urban, grown up love story is a recipe –three cups romance and one cup of slapdash humor. Blend in spices of eroticism, and beat until smooth.


I LOVED it , It was steamy. It has some BDSM in it , but it also has some love loss, some torn pasts and a Man who is Broken .

I Love the story line , I love how it all flowed and was written . K.D. did an awesome job with the writing of this book .

Rachel, A woman who has been married and now divorced ,she has been out in the fish pond of dating , but has not found her mister right yet . No one has given her the SPARK she is looking for . she is a Writer for a local paper and she goes to shows, events etc to interview people and write about them . She is off one night at an Art exhibit for an artist who paints about BDSM , while staring at one of the paintings she is introduced to a Tall Dark handsome man Michael who starts a conversation about the painting and the truth to what BDSM is , he asks her if she wants to go to dinner with him where he will explain and answer her 2 questions she has asked him and she agrees.

and so it begins , Michael slowly introduces her to the world of BDSM .. a little at a time , and she is enjoying what she is learning .. He asks her one night if she is willing to go to Pandora's Box with him which is a sex club he belongs to ( just to see and watch , not participate ) . She agrees to go . She has the time of her life and learns alot that night and of course gets all worked up and so does Michael . One thing leads to another and they are back at her house and they make love for the first time ... YES they had been together for weeks and they STILL had not slept together .... That I thought was great , most books people Jump right into bed in the first few chapters ... ( Not this one)

After they make love Michael gets scared and takes off ..... Yes HE got SCARED !!!!!

the next day She goes to his house and gives him an ultimatum he has one week to decide what he wants from her because she is not going to play his games ......

LET me tell you it is one LONG ASS week and I will not go into anymore of the book because I do not want to give no more away .....

Great Story , I would recommend it to anyone who is not afraid to touch on a little BDSM in a book .


Thanks K.D. for the opportunity to read and review this and I look forward to reading more great books from you !!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment