" Book Review- Collide (Collide, #1) by Gail McHugh | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review- Collide (Collide, #1) by Gail McHugh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was great , it was fun, sexy , with great characters .Collide is the debut novel by indie author Gail McHugh.
Although I truly dislike Cliffhangers this was a great read .

A missed first encounter…

Colliding with a second chance…

On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start.

While harboring secrets of his own, Dillon Parker takes care of Emily through her grief. Knowing he can’t live without her by his side, he’s sweet, thoughtful, and everything Emily has ever wanted in a man.

Until she meets Gavin Blake—a rich and notorious playboy who is dangerously sexy and charming as hell. Emily tries to deny the instant connection she feels, but Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome is not inclined to let go so easily. Recovering from his own painful past, Gavin will stop at nothing to win Emily over.

This unexpected encounter compels Emily to question her decisions, forcing her to make a choice that will destroy friendships, shatter hearts, and forever change her life.

“Every part of you was made for me. Your lips were made to kiss mine, your eyes were made to wake up to me looking at you in my bed every morning, and your f***ing tongue was made to roll my name off of it. I am more certain of us than I'm certain that I require oxygen to breathe.”


I loved Emily , but I also think she needs a major backbone . She needs to stop and breathe ... Jumping from one person to the next and vice versa drove me crazy , but I guess I kinda understand the whole "safety Net" she was playing on . then again she drove the story to continue with the way she was .

“Sometimes bad choices bring us to the right people, Emily.”


Dillon ... man ohh man I just DO NOT LIKE him at all , doucheness at it's best with him ... thats all I got to say about him ....

“I’ve never felt so heartbroken and so in love at the same time. If you would’ve told me the day we met that you were going to break my heart— and that days, months, or even years would pass, that I would still be hurting like this—it wouldn’t have stopped me from falling in love with you.”

Gavin is the Man. He is “Mr. Tall, Dark and F*ckable handsome”. his love, his passion, the fact that he would not step on toes in the beginning and start something with Emily while she was with Dillon was awesome. The heart and body can only say no for so long though and I am so Happy he finally spoke his truth , and laid it all out for Emily ..

“Then go after her, Gavin. When you want something this badly, you don’t just give up. You fight and fight until you absolutely can’t fight anymore. It’s in the Blake bloodline, so it should be easy enough for you. Besides, I’ve never known a more stubborn little bastard in my entire life.”

“Here's to bottle caps,the Yankees, and 'birds', and most of all"...he paused and lowered his voice to a whisper.." and,most of all to a beautiful girl named Molly who refuses to believe the man-the man who loves her more than she'll ever know”

Major Cliffhanger , and man I dislike Cliffhangers ... so I truly can not wait to see what happens with this whole story . If you do not like cliffhangers then I would suggest wait until book 2 comes out so your not left hanging and waiting , wondering like I am right now ...





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment