" Book Review - Heaven and Hell by Kristen Ashley | Chris' Book Blog Emporium

Book Review - Heaven and Hell by Kristen Ashley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ka has done it again , sucked me right into a story and the characters as If I was sitting there as Kia myself . What an amazing Journey this one was without a doubt and will be one of my new fav’s of her’s , altho a lot of her’s are my favorites , this one is in the top 5 now . thanks to my GR friend Blacky I could not wait to read this one any longer and let me say I am glad I did not .. But I gotta ask , where is the next one I WANT MORE NOW !!!!!!!! This one is way beyond 5 stars for me , more like 6 or 7 stars really …..


After making a bad decision when she was very young, Kia Clementine finds herself in hell. Then, suddenly, within the time it takes for a shotgun to blast, her hell changes. Completely. Then out-of-the-blue she sees Sampson Cooper, her celebrity crush. A man the whole world knows is decent. A man the world knows is loyal. A man the world knows is good. All of these very unlike her now dead husband.

He’s sitting at a table right next to hers. And she catches his eye.

Terrified of the interest Sam shows in her, Kia finds the courage to go out with him. Not long after, she shares her dark secrets and Sam shares that he’ll stop at nothing to gain her trust.

As Sam leads Kia to heaven, Kia realizes that Sam is living his own hell. But although he gives her beauty and she gives him everything, he withholds his trust.

Even with all the beauty Sam shows her, Kia wants it all. But Sam forces Kia to make a heartbreaking decision and only she can decide. It’s all or nothing

“I know you're freaked, I know you're scared and I know you can come up with a million reasons that you're not ready, all of which will be excuses. But now that I know exactly what's behind those shields you got up... you gotta know that knowin' that makes me no less into you... In fact, it makes me more into you... And you'll learn, because I'll prove it to you, I'll never hurt you.”


Sam, What a Beautiful , amazing Man . Alpha male with a BIG heart strikes again . He had me right from the start when he found her crying on the balcony . yes he has demons, Yes he wanted to shield them from her and not share them with her because honestly I think he thought she would run for the hills . After many arguments and her finally saying she wanted all of him or nothing ,. He gave her ALL of him , and he found that she did not run for the hills . she stayed right by his side . I loved him for sticking by her and helping her deal with her own demons . Any man who can stick by and help a woman who has been abused has a place in my heart and Sam has got himself a place in mine . He handled her with Care, he did an amazing job helping her to deal with her emotions . I love how He made her safe, protected , everything … I LOVED everything about Sam . Even his choices he made in regards to Kia, he did it with her best interest at heart the whole damn time .

I felt the tears pool in my eyes, one slid over and trailed down my cheek. Sam turned into me and with a hand at my jaw he tipped my head back so he could look at me. His eyes moved down my cheek. Then he whispered, "Seein' that kills me."

"I’m gonna take care of you,” Sam whispered against my lips.
“Okay,” I whispered back."



Kia, god bless her heart for not killing her husband herself, This touched right at home for me with her whole abused husband issues. I had been there once myself in my life . and I honestly can say I am glad he got blown away . If he had not she would of never became the woman she is today . she put up with so much from Cooter , and she did not have the will to put a stop to it . thankfully someone else did and she moved on … I was happy she met Sam when she did , I was estatic when Sam found her with tears in her eyes on that Balcony because I knew then he was going to help her fix herself . yes she was pushy , yes she did not hold nothing back , but I am also happy that she laid all her cards out on the table and did not hold nothing back from Sam , because I truly believe she is what made him see the light .
“Wherever you are, however you got there, if it’s good, you’re meant to be there either because you earned it or life led you there and you were smart enough to hold on.”

“Baby for ten minutes you made me invisible."

This was an amazing story , So amazing in fact I will be reading it again , maybe even once a week or month . The Epilogue was Not an epilogue , but it did show into the future and gave us insight as to where everything was with the story …. I can not wait for book #2 and to see what happens with Hap And Luci and get myself a little more of Sam & Kia , because I know KA will include them in the story at some point , she always does ……


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment